Friday, November 20, 2015



Ephesians 6:19-20
Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains.  Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.


Reflection

When the Apostle Paul wrote these words to the church in Ephesus he was under house arrest in Rome.  Basically, Paul was under arrest and waiting to stand trial because he had so fearlessly proclaimed the gospel throughout the Roman Empire.

Even though Paul is being punished for obeying Christ and making disciples he asks that the Ephesian Church pray for him so that he might continue proclaiming the good news of Jesus Christ.  Why does Paul feel strong about sharing Jesus with others?  Paul felt that way because he knew that making disciples of Jesus was his mission and his only mission.  What we need to understand is making disciples is our mission, as well, and it is our only mission.

How does the church of today fearlessly proclaim the gospel?

How do we fearlessly proclaim the gospel here at Southport UMC?