Wednesday, February 3



John 14:21
“Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me.  He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him.”




Reflection
Jesus tells us that it is our obedience that proves our love for him.  However, Jesus tells us that we love him through obedience and then God, the Father will love us and Jesus will give us his love as well.  So, as we love Jesus by following his commands, God the Father and God the Son will love us as well.
When we teach discipleship to others we need to be sure that we share with them that loving Jesus through following his commands is not a one-way street.  As we love Jesus with our obedience Jesus will return our love.
Today, take time to contemplate how by simply obeying Jesus we are showered with his love.