Saturday, October 17, 2015



2 Timothy 1:3-7

Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, in keeping with the promise of life that is in Christ Jesus.

To Timothy, my dear son:
Grace, mercy and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.

I thank God, whom I serve, as my ancestors did, with a clear conscience, as night and day I constantly remember you in my prayers.  Recalling your tears, I long to see you, so that I may be filled with joy.  I am reminded of your sincere faith, which first lived in your grandmother Lois and in your mother Eunice and, I am persuaded, now lives in you also.

For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hand.  For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.


Reflection
Paul and Timothy had a special relationship – friendship, mentoring, co-laborers for Christ.  Their connection was also multi-generational – including Timothy’s grandmother and mother.  When we share God’s love and grace through Jesus Christ, the impact often goes beyond the single individual we are talking to and guiding towards Jesus.

Who can you spend time with this week?

Who can you help take one step closer to Jesus?
Twenty years from now,

will you be a part of someone’s story?