Thursday, October 27



Matthew 25:24-27
“Then the man who had received the one talent came.  ‘Master,’ he said, ‘I knew that you are a hard man, harvesting where you have not sown and gathering where you have not scattered seed.  So I was afraid and went out and hid your talent in the ground.  See, here is what belongs to you.’  His master replied, ‘You wicked, lazy servant!  So you knew that I harvest where I have not sown and gather where I have not scattered seed?  Well then, you should have put my money on deposit with the bankers, so that when I returned I would have received it back with interest.”




Reflection
The first two men in this story represent faithful, good managers.  This man took what his master gave him and did nothing with it.  This man didn’t have any gratitude or thankfulness for the opportunity his master gave him by entrusting this money to his care.  He simply kept it and then gave it back.  That is not faithfulness; that is wastefulness.

When God takes stock of what we have done with what he has entrusted to us will he find us faithful or will he find us wasteful?