Saturday, August 27



Galatians 2:20-21
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.  I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!”


Reflection
So the question now becomes:  now that we know the truth about Jesus, how can we live that out in our everyday 24x7 lives?  The short answer is in this passage of Scripture from Galatians.  As Paul says, he was crucified with Christ.  In other words, as Christ was crucified for the sins of the world, Paul died with Christ.  Paul’s old self is now dead as he accepted God’s free gift of grace.  As Paul’s old self died, Paul says that Christ now lives in him.  The life that Paul lives, in short loving God and loving neighbor, is done by Christ living in him.

So we can live the truth about Jesus ... in faith, accepting what Jesus has done for us, dying to the old ways of doing things, and letting Christ live in us and live through us.  Whatever we do that is good, how we love God and love neighbor, comes by letting Christ live in and through us.

Think about ways you can let this happen in your life in the days and weeks to come.