Thursday, April 7



2 Corinthians 12:7-10
Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me.  Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me.  But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.  That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.



Reflection
Today’s scripture is a continuation of the passage from Tuesday.  We see the Apostle Paul embrace the thorn given to him.  In times of struggle, many of us may ask for prayers or possibly seek out someone to hold us accountable.  While better, this is still a long way from the Apostle Paul’s statement that “I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties.”

Can you describe a time when you wrestled with your faith?  A time when you looked to God to provide comfort, healing, understanding and wisdom?

Can you openly and honestly share how you’ve experienced God’s love and grace in your life amidst the struggle?