September 18-24


Trusting God Completely


Philippians 4:10-13

I rejoice greatly in the Lord that at last you have renewed your concern for me.  Indeed, you have been concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it.  I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances.  I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty.  I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.  I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

When we learn to trust God it will lead us to a sense of contentment.  Why is that the case?  We will find contentment through trusting God because we will know that in our relationship with God it doesn’t matter whether we have little or a lot.  It doesn’t matter if we have difficulties and problems or everything is going smoothly.  The reason none of that matters is because In Jesus Christ we can find the strength to deal with and overcome anything.

If we want to live with peace and fulfillment then we need to learn to depend on Jesus and be satisfied with what we have.  This week we are going to explore this issue of contentment.