Thursday, September 18, 2014

Job 42:16
1Then Job replied to the Lord:
“I know that you can do all things;
    no purpose of yours can be thwarted.
You asked, ‘Who is this that obscures my plans without knowledge?’
    Surely I spoke of things I did not understand,
    things too wonderful for me to know.
“You said, ‘Listen now, and I will speak;
    I will question you,
    and you shall answer me.’
My ears had heard of you
    but now my eyes have seen you.
Therefore I despise myself
    and repent in dust and ashes.”


Reflection
Our scripture today reminds us that although free will can detour God’s purpose in our life our destination remains the same. Nothing can stop God’s purpose in our life. But we do have to recognize that just as if we were taking a trip our destination does not change but the way we get there may change. Is it helpful to hear that nothing in the end can thwart God’s purpose for our lives? How can you remind yourself of this hope in the midst of a detour?