Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Psalm 18:30-36

30 As for God, his way is perfect:
    The Lord’s word is flawless;
    he shields all who take refuge in him.
31 For who is God besides the Lord?
    And who is the Rock except our God?
32 It is God who arms me with strength
    and keeps my way secure.
33 He makes my feet like the feet of a deer;
    he causes me to stand on the heights.
34 He trains my hands for battle;
    my arms can bend a bow of bronze.
35 You make your saving help my shield,
    and your right hand sustains me;
    your help has made me great.
36 You provide a broad path for my feet,
    so that my ankles do not give way.


Hebrews 4:12-13

12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. 13 Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.


Reflection
Reread verse 12 in the scripture from Hebrews. Hear the words alive and active? How do you think the Word of God is alive and active? Think about the Word of God being a never ending story. The story that begins in Scripture and embodied in the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ is still unfolding today. The story of God’s grace is unending and you are a part of that story. Where do you find yourself in the great history of God’s grace?