Monday, April 20, 2015

Psalm 139:1-6
You have searched me, Lord,
    and you know me.
You know when I sit and when I rise;
    you perceive my thoughts from afar.
You discern my going out and my lying down;
    you are familiar with all my ways.
Before a word is on my tongue
    you, Lord, know it completely.
You hem me in behind and before,
    and you lay your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.


Reflection
Last week we took special time to look at our relationship with God. Too many times we think that just because we have studied God or can quote Bible verses that constitutes a relationship with God. But the truth is that just like human relationships, relationships take much more than knowing things about another person. We call this depth of relationship intimacy. Why do you think intimacy is important in our relationship with God?