Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Matthew 18:20
20 For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.

Jeremiah 23:23-24
23 “Am I only a God nearby,”
declares the Lord,
    “and not a God far away?
24 Who can hide in secret places
    so that I cannot see them?”
declares the Lord.
    “Do not I fill heaven and earth?”
declares the Lord.

James 4:8-9
Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom. 10 Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.


Reflection
Our scriptures today talk about the very nature of God’s
relationship with us. One attribute of God is revealed in our scripture from Jeremiah. This is that God is Omnipresent. Meaning that God is everywhere at all times.  With this
being a key attribute of God, look at the other two
scriptures and think about what it means to seek the
presence of God?