Weekly Theme August 18 through 24

Promotes Self-Feeding


“Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that which Christ Jesus took hold of me.  Brothers (and sisters), I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it.  But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.  All of us who are mature should take such a view of things.” 
-Philippians 3:12-15a


             
              A Church that heaven applauds is a church that is filled with spiritual self-feeders.  The reason why heaven applauds that kind of church is because if we are taking responsibility for our spiritual feeding then it is a sign that we are growing and maturing as individual disciples and as a church.
             Heaven applauds a church that is full of spiritual self-feeders because that shows that the people of that church are growing and developing in the faith as they should.  People who take the responsibility to make sure they do what needs to be done in order to grow spiritually are going to be the kind of people who will face challenges and difficulties in the church with wisdom and maturity and not out of childish self-interests.  We should all strive to see how the Holy Spirit wants us to grow and deepen in our faith and then take the steps to make sure that it happens.