Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Psalm 3
1Lord, how they have increased who trouble me!
Many 
are they who rise up against me.
Many are they who say of me,
There is no help for him in God.” Selah
But You, O Lordare a shield for me,
My glory and the One who lifts up my head.
I cried to the Lord with my voice,
And He heard me from His holy hill. 
Selah
I lay down and slept;
I awoke, for the 
Lord sustained me.
I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people
Who have set 
themselves against me all around.
Arise, O Lord;
Save me, O my God!
For You have struck all my enemies on the
cheekbone;
You have broken the teeth of the ungodly.
Salvation belongs to the Lord.
Your blessing 
is upon Your people. Selah


Reflection
The word Selah is hard to translate, but a general translation is to “stop and listen.”  A church that is always learning knows that it’s greatest tool is reflection. Yesterday we learned that our mistakes deserve a quick funeral and a long reflection.  The rest of this week we will look at a way for us to stop and listen called Lectio Divina. Do not let the Latin name scare you because it is a great way to stop and listen to our scripture and our lives. What do you think is the benefit of reflection? How can reflecting help us to always be learning?