Wednesday, June 12, 2013

John 17:6, 11-12
“I have revealed you to those whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours; you gave them to me and they have obeyed your word.  11 I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name, the name you gave me, so that they may be one as we are one. 12 While I was with them, I protected them and kept them safe by that name you gave me. None has been lost except the one doomed to destruction so that Scripture would be fulfilled.

 Reflection
In Scripture, a name reveals the true nature or identity of a person. In verse 11,  Jesus prays that we be united through the powerful name of God. Think about the names you know for God (Father, Creator, etc.) What do these names say about the nature of God? And how could that nature unite us?