Monday, June 17, 2013

Isaiah 41:10-14
10 
So do not fear, for I am with you;
    do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
    I will uphold you with my righteous right hand
11 “All who rage against you
    will surely be ashamed and disgraced;
those who oppose you
    will be as nothing and perish.
12 Though you search for your enemies,
    you will not find them.
Those who wage war against you
    will be as nothing at all.
13 For I am the Lord your God
    who takes hold of your right hand
and says to you, Do not fear;
    I will help you.
14 Do not be afraid, you worm Jacob,
    little Israel, do not fear,
for I myself will help you,” declares the 
Lord,
    your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel.


Reflection
S=Stand
Prayer can help us stand . There is a song that says we stand our tallest when we are on our knees in prayer. Our scripture today comes from the prophet Isaiah, who provides a word of hope to the people of Israel who had lost everything when they were exiled by the Babylonians. Having been knocked down time and time again the message of hope from God was that they could be made strong in Him.  Where in your life do you need God’s strength to stand up?