Thursday, February 23



Philippians 3:13-15
Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it.  But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.  All of us who are mature should take such a view of things.


Reflection
The Apostle Paul did not believe that he had achieved a perfect state of maturity.  However, he was actively moving forward to achieve the goal of maturity in Jesus Christ.  Paul had a strong desire to know as much of Jesus as he possibly could.  He also states that everyone who desires maturity must have the same view and mind-set.  Maturity is the prize that God calls us to strive for.

Do you have a goal to attain spiritual maturity?

How are you intentionally moving toward that goal?