February 19-25



We Grow Through Small Groups



Hebrews 6:1a, 11-12
Therefore let us leave the elementary teachings about Christ and go on to maturity…  We want each of you to show this same diligence to the very end, in order to make your hope sure.  We do not want you to become lazy, but to imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised.

Philippians 3:12-15a
Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.  Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it.  But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.  All of us who are mature should take such a view of things…

Maturity in the faith is not something that might happen; it is essential.  Growth in the faith that takes us toward maturity is something that we must take seriously.  In order for our faith to grow so that we move toward maturity we must cease to make our discipleship that which we add on to our lives and we need to make following Jesus the central and most important thing in our lives.  When we do that then we will have the commitment we need to grow and become mature in Jesus Christ.

This week we are going to focus on how we can nurture that growth and maturity through participation in a small group of Christians.