Monday, June 16, 2014

Philippians 4:2-3
I plead with Euodia and I plead with Syntyche to be of the same mind in the Lord. Yes, and I ask you, my true companion, help these women since they have contended at my side in the cause of the gospel, along with Clement and the rest of my co-workers, whose names are in the book of life.


Reflection
In our Scripture today, we are quickly reminded that we are reading someone else’s mail. Paul is writing about a specific problem that we do not know much about, but Paul’s
audience knows precisely the situation. However, there is a clear statement that Paul uses that should speak to us. Paul asks that these two people who we assume are fighting “ be of the same mind in the Lord.” What do you think Paul means by this? How can this help us in the midst of conflicts that arise in our community of faith?