Saturday, May 31, 2014

Philippians 1:18b-26
Yes, and I will continue to rejoice, 19 for I know that through your prayers and God’s provision of the Spirit of Jesus Christ what has happened to me will turn out for my deliverance. 20 I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. 21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. 22 If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know! 23 I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; 24 but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body. 25 Convinced of this, I know that I will remain, and I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, 26 so that through my being with you again your boasting in Christ Jesus will abound on account of me.


Reflection
Paul begins now to talk about his own situation. He is torn because he does not know his fate. But through all of this because he has the faith that no matter what happens to him there is cause for rejoicing.  If he lives he will continue to preach the good news and if he dies he will return home to Christ. We get worked up about so many things in our lives. Worries and stress overwhelm us but the truth is that in every moment and every situation there is a reason to rejoice. What can you rejoice about today?